Thursday, July 29, 2010

Projects Update for the Week of July 25-29

Projects-

I worked on my Bubble top until I ran out of yarn.  I just ordered more today, so this is on hold for 3-4 days more.  I got the front completely finished and nearly half way through the back.  Once I finish that, the pockets will be finished off, the roll collar added and the sleeves crocheted around.  It is pretty exciting!

I started on fingerless gloves.  One is about finished but when I get the second completed it will be ripped out to where the pattern starts.  I did the chart backwards and I am just bothered by the way it looks.

Last night I started two projects- a crocheted owlet and a purse.  The owlet is nearly finish from scrappy bits. The crown section is all I have left. The bag, well, I am still not sure how I want to finish it off.  I have about 3 1/2 inches of the body.  I can't decide if I want to do pleates and a seed stitch band at the top or two big pleats and a cable band.  The easiest, of course, would be the seed stitches, but I am kind of leaning towards the cable piece. I think I can knit it seperately while keeping my stitches for the top of the bag live.  Once I complete the band, go back and pick up stitches around it and knit the picked up and live one together to attatch it.  Not sure if it will work.   Also, I am thinking about picking up stitches at the bottom to give it a bit of dimension. I am using yarn that has been in my stash for at least 2 years.  It is very pretty and I have had a hard time choosing a pattern for it.  In truth, I forgot about it a bit.  It is Trendsetters Natasha yarn in Red, Purples and metallics.

I am making a second baby sweater to enter in the fair.  It is puple ombre and yellow.  I hope to make more to give to the hospital R was born. This one is a preemie sized.  I have one edge and a sleeve left.  Here is the first one I made for a neighbor:



I picked out another future project for the Knit Picks Simply Cotton yarn in Bermuda Heather that was gifted to me, Leafy Lace Cardigan.  I hope it isn't too hard.  I am not a huge fan of lace.  Here is a photo from the designer's Craftster page.  I am order 2 more skeins of this yarn. 


Next week, I hope to post an updated fair list.  :) Yea!

No comments: